Description de l'emploi
As a member of the Software Engineering Team, your mission is to design, implement, refactor, test, document and package the software tools that fall under the responsibility of the Software Beam Team.
If you love software development and are eager to improve cancer treatment in a technological environment, join our team!
The Software Beam Team deals with the proton beam in the context of the proton therapy. The software that we develop essentially orchestrates the data exchange between the different devices/hardware sub-systems and the upper layers in charge of the clinical or the service workflows. In parallel to this software part of a medical device, the team also develops and maintains a collection of software tools for measuring, diagnosing, calibrating and more … by interacting with the medical device.
What we value:
For this position specifically:
- You have an engineering degree (or master in IT with relevant experience)
- Experience in a function with embedded software is a strong asset
- Very good programming skills (multi-threading, algorithm efficiency, data structures, state machines…)
- An active team player with very good interpersonal skills
- A hands-on and proactive person, able to organize your work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills in English
A plus to join the team:
- Medium to advanced expertise in Python and its ecosystem, able to take over complex applications and understand their usage
- Medium expertise in Java SE and the following frameworks : Spring, Spring Boot, Maven
- Experience in machine to machine communication, with frameworks such as GRPC
- Good knowledge of SVN and GIT
- Practice with CI/CD using TeamCity, Gitlab, Linux and Docker
- Leading definition, prioritization, and execution of software development tasks
- Leading software-engineering best practices
What we offer for this position :
- A foot in the world of PLC, such as Siemens S7 and protocols such as Modbus
- Experience in programming with Jupyter Notebook or .NET
- An attractive salary package that corresponds to your experience level (composed of a flexible part that you can adapt to your own needs, numerous advantages such as a company car, gas card, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, meal vouchers, representation expenses,...)
- A very flexible home office policy for candidates living in Belgium or relocating to Belgium (4 days/month on site and 5 days per month in home office, the rest is free and depends on your current projects)
- Join a team of 15 people that listens and leaves room for everyone’s development
- An environment with cutting-edge technologies and challenging problems
- Possibilities of evolution towards management or expert roles according to your ambitions
- Possibilities of various internal evolutions in Belgium or abroad according to your ambitions (30% of our offers are filled by internal candidates)
- To work in a Bcorp Certified company
- A good work/life balance
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.