Description de l'emploi
As a Field Service Engineer – PMS (Positioning Management System), you would be responsible for the installation and/or maintenance and/or repair of IBA’s equipment/system (applies to hardware and software) while in-house or on customer's site, in order to deliver within defined timelines a final reliable working product, matching quality, performance, customer satisfaction requirements.Install and/or test equipment/systems according to specifications; Adjust and fine tune subsystems according the requirements of the procedures
- Repair equipment/systems, taking all necessary actions to solve problems and document solutions
- Maintain equipment/systems according to the maintenance schedule
- Provide remote, on-call support to sites under CS/Installation
- Provide training to customers and less-experienced engineers on site regarding proper and safe usage of equipment and systems
- Maintain a clean working environment and behavior in line with the safety rules
- Report and document interventions and actions undertaken with a proper level of detail and accuracy
- Propose solutions that improve equipment reliability, instability, and operability
- Ensure all IBA and legal requirements for safety and quality within the teams
- Provide technical oversight of one or more sites according to area competenciesWork Environment: The position is a professional position and the conduct of such a position should be the basic expectation
- This position will typically require you to be away from home for 2 to 3 weeks at a time, but occasionally could be longer.
- More than 40 hours per week is sometimes required.
- Rotating shift work including nights and weekends is required.
- Occupational exposure to radiation
- Work with high voltage equipment and magnetic fields
- Having the ability to operate the cyclotron at an advanced level is a nice to have and maybe required per site augmentation.
- Work with hazardous materials
- Ability to travel at high volumes, both domestic and international sometimes on short notice.
- Perform the essential functions of the job
- Working at heights which includes 4 feet or higher
- Climbing ladders
- Standing, sitting or stooping for long periods of timeBehavioral Characteristics: Detail-oriented
- Strong commitment to team work
- Works well under pressure
Education and Experience:Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience in electronics/electrical system troubleshooting required
- Working near a Proton Therapy site, and near a major airport is preferred; willing to consider candidates near a smaller airport if located on East coast or Midwest.
- Must be willing to work on-site during non-travel periods
- Candidate must have experience in several of the following fields: Cooling systems, vacuum systems, PLC’s, regulation loops, drivers, sensors, positioning equipment, electric motors, high voltage equipment, low voltage equipment
- Electromechanical system repair, maintenance and operations of large systems considered a plus
- Physical Demands:Ability to lift >50 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Good manual dexterity
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.