Description de l'emploi
You play a key role in our mission to treat patients and fight cancer!
The ProteusPlus installation project in Buenos Aires will be the 1st Proton Therapy Center in South America and will be performed in partnership with INVAP, on Behalf of Comision Nacional de Energia Atomica (CNEA) and the National Oncology Institute Angel H. Roffo.
The Proton Therapy Center will be part of the Instituto de Oncología "Ángel H. Roffo" complex located in the Villa Del Parque area.
It will be equipped with the latest ProteusPlus system with two treatments rooms and one research area.
Its installation will start early July 2023 and should be delivered within 18 months after which the site transitions to customer service mode.
We offer an open-ended contract and expect the selected candidate to start his training in Belgium and Worldwide in June 2023.
As Electromechanical Service Engineer, you are responsible for installation, calibration and commissioning activities on the Proton Therapy Centre, with a specific focus on the electromechanical equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As Electro-Mechanical Service Engineer, you are responsible for:
During the installation phase
During the Customer Service phase
- Participating in the installation of the IBA equipment on the Proton Therapy site with a specific focus on the electro-mechanical equipment (Gantry, Power Supply Cabinets, Electrical wiring, X-Ray equipment, etc.)
- Testing, calibrating and validating the equipment according to the specifications and ensuring the customer requirements are met in terms of compliance, quality, technical performance and timing
- Critically analyzing data to diagnose potential technical problems
- Collaborating intensively during installation and commissioning phase with subcontractors to supervise the installation until the start-up of equipment
- Troubleshooting the equipment including solving electrical and mechanical issues
- Ensuring the highest quality of state-of-the-art technologies and services
- Maintaining and troubleshooting the equipment
- Operating the system and providing technical support to the medical staff during patient treatment and clinical operations
- Ensuring the client requirements are met in terms of technical performance, timing and safety
- Training customers and working in close collaboration with him on the equipment maintenance and operations (shared services)
- Carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment (shift work)
- Upgrading and improving the system in collaboration with the R&D and other departments
And you also are:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering or an equivalent experience
- A sound experience in electronics/electrical system troubleshooting, mechanical system design and repair
- Technical knowledge of cooling systems, vacuum systems, PLC’s regulation loops, drivers, sensors, electric motors, positioning equipment, high and low voltage equipment
- The ability to troubleshoot complex system issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge of local EHS regulations
- Able to follow procedures and you able to deliver on strict deadlines
- Analytical, with good troubleshooting skills, able to identify root cause of issues
- Willing to share your knowledge in your area of expertise
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- A flexible person, willing to work in rotating shift work, night work and weekends (up to 50% of your time)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English
- Willing to travel extensively during the training period (+/- 4 months)
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.