Description de l'emploi
engineers are part of the Innovation and Development group. Their core mission is to design
the world leading solution for image guided Proton Therapy
and other medical diagnostic
applications using ionizing
You will share responsibility of managing the system requirements, safety and verification of the Beam technology equipment (particle physics accelerator, beam transport and delivery, building safety) and its supporting technologies (electronics, control systems, Radio Frequency, electromechanics, dosimetry, …).
In this role, you will ensure that your work complies with the highly regulated environment
of medical applications
using ionizing radiations; and commit to deliver an effective product with the highest customer value.
Challenges we trust you with
- Contribute to requirements engineering activities for new projects and product changes by negotiating with project stakeholders, allocating and flow down system requirements, tracing and documenting them in a complete and consistent way.
- Contribute to safety and reliability engineering activities throughout the design and development phase.
- Ensure design verification engineering by defining test plans, test methods, analyses, design reviews and performing tests.
- Participate to Requirements, Safety and Verification activities related to conformity to IEC / ISO international standards.
And you are:
- A degree in Science or Engineering; with a multidisciplinary background or in the following disciplines: SW engineering, electrical engineering, control systems, physics (magnetism, particle physics, RF), robotics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Interest for the design and development of complex electrical medical equipment.
- Previous experience in applying regulatory and quality constrains in a critical and complex environment (medical devices framework) as an asset.
- A first experience using a Requirements / test management tool (DOORS; RQM, Polarion, Helix, …) or management tool used in SW development (Jira, …) as an asset.
- Capable of thinking cross-functionally and systems thinking.
- Structured and rigorous with excellent documentation skills.
- A team player able to communicate / facilitate / focus on promoting solutions.
- Quality focused, working for the highest value for your stakeholders.
- Able to interact with internal and external people, including Product Management representative, customer representative, third-party representatives, and regulatory authorities.
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.