Description de l'emploi
You will be part of the R&D Proton Therapy (PT) Program within the Project Management Team and join a diverse and dynamic team in a collaborative, high-tech, forward-looking environment. The team's mission is to deliver R&D Projects within Time, Cost and Budget, and participate to the improvement of our product offering within Proton Therapy.
Our R&D projects develop new features to the Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS products along several dimensions: improving the clinical workflow and the treatment delivery, improving reliability, reducing the installation and maintenance cost, ensuring compliance to regulations and standards, managing obsolescence on the installed base, etc. The projects are transversal, impacting any part of the product: from the beam production, to the beam delivery in the treatment room, including HW and SW subsystems.
As R&D Project Engineer, you manage and coordinate the activities linked to R&D projects. In your ramp-up phase, you may receive your own small projects, or a subpart of a larger project, coached by a senior Project Manager.
- Deliver the PT product features on time, on budget and with the required level of quality, according to R&D operational roadmap and the quality process
- Lead and coordinate project teams: R&D resources, quality department and internal stakeholders (operations, manufacturing and supply chain)
- Manage risks (technical, feasibility, financial, resources, safety...)
- Be the main internal/external contact point for the project execution; seek customer satisfaction
- Report to the Program Managers and internal stakeholders, and propose action plans for decision making. Follow-up KPI's
- Transfer the project to the internal customers (Operations, Manufacturing and Supply chain);
- Ensure the adequate follow-up of development processes, according to quality standards imposed in the medical devices industry
- Organize the project closure
And you are:
- A master degree in science or engineering, or an equivalent experience
- A first experience in an R&D team within a strongly regulated tech industry (e.g. medical devices, pharma, nuclear, airspace), during which you delivered results in time and quality
- One or more life experiences in which you had to showcase leadership skills and helped a team organize itself
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written (French is a plus)
- A first experience in Project Management is a major plus
- Driven by high ethical standards
- Client-minded: you listen actively and understand the others' challenges
- Assertive with your stakeholders (team, customers and suppliers)
- Flexible and stress-resistant
- Organized and able to set priorities, with very good planning skills
- A team player and a healthy challenger of our current way of working
- Creative: you build solutions with your team to navigate between constraints (healthcare processes, resource bottlenecks, etc.)
- Curious, willing to learn and fascinated by new technologies. You have a broad technical knowledge and willing to update it continuously
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.