Description de l'emploi
You play a key role in our mission to treat patients and fight cancer!
The ProteusOne installation project in Cairo will be the 1st Proton Therapy Center on the African Continent and in the Middle East.
The Children’s Cancer Hospital Egypt 57357 (CCHE),
our customer, is a unique healthcare institution in the Middle East that provides children with cancer with world-class quality treatment completely free of charge.
The Proton Therapy Center will be part of the Hospital 57357 complex located in the old city of Cairo close to Downtown Cairo.
It will be equipped with the latest ProteusOne system and its installation will start early July 2023 and will be delivered within 12 months after which the site transitions to customer service mode. Customer services is scheduled for 12 years after the delivery date.
We offer a 18-month employment contract renewable according to the project timeline and customer service contract.
As Beam Physics Service Engineer, you are responsible for beam calibration, commissioning and troubleshooting activities on the Proton Therapy site.
During the Installation phase (+/- 12 months)
During the Customer Service phase
- Participating in the installation of a broad range of IBA equipment and technical tools on the Proton Therapy site with a specific focus on beam-related equipment
- Performing the beam-related equipment calibration following procedures
- Operating the system (understanding the software/hardware architecture of the system and the PT center components) in order to obtain a beam that matches the requirements
- Setting and aligning Dosimetry tools
- Critically analyzing a large amount of data to diagnose potential technical issues
- Testing and validating the equipment according to the specifications and ensuring the customer requirements are met in terms of compliance, quality, technical performance and timing
- Managing all aspects of beam-related commissioning activities: Pencil Beam Scanning (PBS) etc.
- Troubleshooting the equipment
- Ensuring the highest quality of state-of-the-art technologies and services
- Maintaining and troubleshooting the equipment
- Operating the system and providing technical support to the medical staff during QA, patient treatment and clinical operations
- Ensuring the client requirements are met in terms of technical performance, timing and safety
- Training customers
- Carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance on hardware and software equipment (shift work)
- Upgrading and improving the system in collaboration with the R&D department
And you also are:
- A Master degree or PhD in Physics or engineering
- An experience in High Energy Physics, Particle Accelerators or Medical Physics is a strong asset
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, MATLAB and Monte-Carlo Simulations
- The ability to troubleshoot large system issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic
- Able to follow rules & regulations and you able to deliver on strict deadlines
- Analytical, good troubleshooting skills, able to identify root cause of issues
- Willing to share your knowledge in your area of expertise
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel extensively during the training period (+/- 4 months)
- A flexible person, willing to work in rotating shift work, night work and weekends (up to 50% of your time)
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.