Description de l'emploi
As a member of the Software Engineering Group, your mission is to design, implement, test and document the software used to control a proton therapy system enabling the (safe and accurate) delivery of dose from the particle accelerator to the tumors of patients.
If you are highly skilled in programming and are eager to improve cancer treatment in a technological environment, join our team!
The software essentially orchestrates the data exchange between the different devices and hardware sub-systems, with the upper layers in charge of the clinical or the service workflows.
The Software Engineering Group is responsible for:
- Designing and implementing software solutions to answer the needs identified by the functional analysts and the architects
- Testing the software through unit testing, automated integration factory testing and integration testing in real conditions on the industrial equipment in the proton therapy centers
- Applying software development methodologies, framework, and standards
- Fixing bugs and refactoring the software to continuously improve the user experience
- Improving the development environment in collaboration with the software domain owners
- Working closely with electro-mechanical and physics engineers to support the functional analysts
What we value:
- A master’s degree in applied computer sciences or engineering
- Professional experience in programming with performance and robustness constraints in multithreaded and distributed environments
- Willing to travel up to 15% of your time
- Very good programming skills (multi-threading, algorithm efficiency, data structures, state machines…)
- Professional experience with Java SE and the Spring frameworks
- Good knowledge of Junit 4/5 and Mockito for the redaction of unit tests
- Good knowledge of Linux, Docker, SVN, GIT and TeamCity as development environment
- Basic knowledge of Python for the redaction of integration tests
- Experience in configuration management, continuous integration, and non-regression testing
- Excellent communication skills in English
- An active team player with very good interpersonal skills
- A hands-on and proactive person, able to organize your work autonomously
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.