Description de l'emploi
Do you have a track record of identifying solutions to complex troubleshooting tasks?
If so, then read on!
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Electrical Engineer to join our dynamic team responsible for operating and maintaining our proton therapy site. This individual will be seen as a ROCKSTAR!!!
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and professionally polished in aspects of Electronics/Electrical engineering. Someone with a "LOGICAL"
mentality, but also likes to work with his/her hands, you are seeking a “CHALLENGE”
, while identifying a “SYSTEMATIC”
approach to finding solutions.
We are a solid established company with 30 plus years of success, and a record of accomplishments in the fight against cancer. As a company who truly believes in our Mission: Protect, Enhance and Save more Lives
, we are moving full speed ahead in next generation proton therapy technologies.
What you will be doing?
- Operate Proton Therapy System for various customer needs, which will include, but not be limited to: Patient Treatment, Patient Specific QA, development, Software Testing, Troubleshooting, and experimentation.
- Troubleshoot PTS equipment including electrical, mechanical, and software problems.
- Maintenance of the PTS including but not limited to preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance.
- Clearly communicate the status of the system to the customer as well as to IBA employees.
- Provide support to Software and Hardware testing as well as new developments.
- Support daily clinical operations for the clinical staff as defined by the specific site manager and in accordance with site policies
- Maintain adequate records as defined by the specific facility in accordance with company QA and FDA regulations.
- Support the PTS in all phases, which will include but not be limited to: unit testing, integration testing, validation testing and other various site related activities as they are defined by the site manager.
- Detail oriented
- Takes initiative without being directed
- Good customer service mentality
- Strong commitment to team work
- Works well under pressure
What you need to qualify for this position?
- BSEE or equivalent.
- Experience in electronics/electrical system troubleshooting required.
- Candidate must have experience in several of the following fields: Cooling systems, vacuum systems, PLC’s, regulation loops, drivers, sensors, positioning equipment, electric motors, high voltage equipment, low voltage equipment, etc.
- Electrical/Mechanical system repair, maintenance and operations of large systems a plus.
- High amperage Power Supply maintenance and troubleshooting experience preferred.
- General Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook etc. are a must.
- Basic knowledge of LINUX required.
- SAP knowledge a plus.
- Microsoft Project experience a plus
What's in it for you?
- Rotating shift work including nights and weekends.
- Good manual dexterity and ability to work with tools.
- Ability to lift >50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly.
- Ability to access and work within confined spaces.
- Ability to safely work at heights of up to 30ft with a safety harness.
- Occupational exposure to radiation.
- Work with hazardous materials.
- Work with high voltage equipment and magnetic fields.
- Required to attend training in Dallas, TX for three straight months upon hiring
- Work onsite with less than 10% travel per year
- IBA offers you a competitive performance based compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K, etc.)
- Amazing possibilities to evolve within IBA worldwide.
- Leading organization with the ability to create your own career path.
- IBA offers you the roadmap to great achievements in the fight against cancer.
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.