Description de l'emploi
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Interns job duties will mainly include supporting ongoing projects while job shadowing engineering leaders with a focus on maintaining or improving the cyclotron infrastructure.
Interns will have the opportunity to participate in one or more of the following work groups:
LEARNING AND HANDS-ON OPPORTUNITIES:
- Cooling systems, vacuum systems, PLC’s, regulation loops, drivers, sensors, positioning equipment, electric motors, high voltage equipment, low voltage equipment, etc.
- Mechanical system repair, maintenance and operations of large systems.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Troubleshoot Proton Therapy System equipment including electrical, mechanical, and software problems.
- Maintenance of the Proton Therapy System including but not limited to preventative maintenance and curative maintenance.
- Various customer needs which will include, but not be limited to: Patient Treatment, Patient Specific QA, development, Software Testing, Troubleshooting, and experimentation.
- Support the Proton Therapy System in all phases which will include but not be limited to: installation, unit testing, integration testing, validation testing and other various site related activities as they are defined by the site manager.
- Support daily clinical operations with an IBA Engineer team member
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure a safe and efficient maintenance operation
- Assist with maintaining adequate records
- Plan, coordinate and observe various types of production and maintenance activities in the efficient, safe and economic performance of their duties.
- Coordinate track maintenance work with contractors and other departments to maximize work efforts and train operations.
- Perform pre-work inspections and ensure quality control by assisting morning walk-throughs.
- Demonstrate “Go-Getter” attitude
- Detailed oriented
- Work effectively with others
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner
- Recognize and respond effectively with the ability to work within tight deadlines
- Good customer service mentality
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree candidates majoring in Engineering, Electronics, Physics, Computer Science disciplines. (Accepting recent graduates and/or those pursuing their degree)
- Co-Op candidates welcomed.
- Authorization to work in the US
- General Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook etc are preferred
- Basic knowledge of LINIX, UNIX, Java, C, C++ nice to have.
- SAP knowledge a plus.
- Hours are irregular with 15-32 hours per week.
- Schedule could involve nights and weekends as IBA is a 24/7 work environment.
- The position is a professional position and the conduct of such a position should be the basic expectation.
- Occupational exposure to radiation
- Work with high voltage equipment and magnetic fields
- Work with hazardous materials
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.