Description de l'emploi
Do you have a track record of identifying solutions to complex problems?
Do you thrive in an environment where you make a difference in people’s lives every day?
Do you want to work for a deeply human, partnering company with an innovative background?
If so, we may have just the job for you!
The IBA Team at the Beaumont Proton Therapy Center has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Engineer or Physicist to join the dynamic group responsible for operating and maintaining our Superconducting Synchrocyclotron (S2C2) Proton Therapy System (PTS). The ideal candidate is knowledgeable and professionally polished in aspects of electrical and mechanical engineering. The ideal candidate demonstrates a logical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting, comfortably uses a variety of hand tools and electrical test equipment and remains calm, cool and collected under pressure.
What your days will include:
- Operating the PTS for patient treatment, Medical Physics Quality Assurance (QA) and other customer needs covered by the service contract
- Communicating the status of the PTS to your teammates, other IBA employees and the customer
- Completing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual preventative maintenance on the PTS systems (electrical, mechanical and software)
- Troubleshooting issues with PTS systems that arise during clinical operations (patient treatment and QA)
- Analyzing software logs to determine the root causes of issues with the PTS systems
- Completing corrective maintenance and upgrades on PTS systems
- Completing all required operational, testing and other documentation and maintaining records in accordance with company QA and FDA regulations
What your job will include:
- Attending multiple 2-week training sessions in Belgium (passport required)
- Rotating shift work with some overtime, nights and weekends
- Extended sitting, standing, stooping and squatting
- Climbing ladders (15+ feet), working at heights (up to 30 feet) and in confined spaces
- Lifting 50 pounds or more overhead repeatedly
- Occupational exposure to radiation and magnetic fields
- Working with hazardous materials, high voltage and pressurized gases
- Providing proof of vaccination or obtaining immunizations against customer required communicable diseases which may include COVID-19, influenza, hepatitis B, measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, tuberculosis and varicella
What your background should include:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology or Physics
- 4-6 years of combined training and experience installing, operating, maintaining and supporting electrical, imaging, particle accelerator, radar or X-ray systems in lieu of a Bachelor of Science degree
- Experience with some of the following: cooling systems, electrical motors (AC and DC), high and low voltage equipment, power supplies, programmable logic controllers (Siemens preferred), sensors (lasers and magnetic), vacuum equipment, X-ray systems
- Customer service, field service and troubleshooting experience for an electrical, mechanical or electro-mechanical system or system of systems
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Familiarity with Linux, MATLAB and Python
- Working knowledge of electrical test equipment (dosimetry software, ion chambers, multimeters, network testers, oscilloscopes, scintillators)
So, if you are a great problem-solver, enjoy a challenging environment, like working with your hands want to know you’re helping to enhance the quality of people’s lives every day, please apply now!
We Engineer Hope
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.