Description de l'emploi
- As a Field Engineer you play a key role in our mission to treat cancer patients.
You participate to the installation and maintenance of the IBA equipment and technical tools on the Proton Therapy site in He Bei Zhuo Zhou, China(河北省涿州市码头镇涿州影视城大道). You are responsible for all different aspects of beam-related commissioning activities. You are in charge of testing and validating new releases according to the specifications, and you ensure the customer requirements are met in terms of compliance, quality, technical performance, and timing.
You ensure the highest quality of state-of-the-art technologies and services. You will become a specialist in the latest cancer treatment solutions and represent IBA with your know how.
You work in an international team of approximately 12 people, and you report to the Site Manager.
During the Operations/Maintenance phase:
- Operate Proton Therapy System for various customer needs which will include, but not be limited to: Patient Treatment, Patient Specific QA, development, Software Testing, Troubleshooting, and experimentation.
- Troubleshoot PTS equipment including electrical, mechanical, and software problems.
- Maintenance of the PTS including but not limited to preventative maintenance and curative maintenance.
- Clearly communicate the status of the system to the customer as well as to IBA employees.
- Provide support to Software testing and new developments.
- Support daily clinical operations for the clinical staff as defined by the specific site manager.
- Maintain adequate records as defined by the specific facility.
- Support the PTS in all phases which will include but not be limited to: installation, unit testing, integration testing, validation testing and other various site related activities as they are defined by the site manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Interaction
- Reporting and record keeping
- Education and Experience:
- BS in Physics with a minor in Electrical Engineering, or mathematics with strong background of statistics.
- Experience in electronics/electrical system troubleshooting, mechanical system design and repair, and operations of large systems a plus.
- Education in medical physics with a deep technical and clinical understanding of the treatment planning process in radiotherapy is a plus.
- General Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook etc are a must.
- Basic knowledge of UNIX a plus.
- SAP knowledge a plus.
- Detail oriented
- Good customer service mentality
- Strong commitment to team work
- Ability to lift >50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly.
- The position is a professional position and the conduct of such a position should be the basic expectation.
- More than 40 hours per week is sometimes required.
- Rotating shift work including nights and weekends is required.
- Occupational exposure to radiation
- Work with high voltage equipment and magnetic fields
- Work with hazardous materials
- You are based in He Bei Zhuo Zhou, China, and willing to travel up to 15% of your time.
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.