Description de l'emploi
Do you have a track record of identifying solutions to complex troubleshooting tasks? Are you hands on and dedicated to delivering results for your team?
If so, then read on!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join our dynamic team responsible for operating and maintaining our Proton Therapy System.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and professionally polished in aspects of electrical, mechanical, and industrial engineering as well as having previous Cyclotron, RF, and vacuum system experience. Someone seeking a challenge with a "logical" mentality that also likes to work with his/her hands to realize a systematic approach to finding solutions.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Operate the Proton Therapy System (PTS) for various customer needs, which will include but not be limited to: Patient Treatment, Patient Specific QA, Development, Software Testing, Troubleshooting, and Experimentation.
- Troubleshoot PTS equipment including electrical, mechanical, and software problems.
- Maintenance of the PTS including but not limited to routine preventative maintenance, system upgrades, and corrective maintenance as necessary.
- Perform system inspections and clearly communicate the status of the system to the customer as well as to IBA employees.
- Provide support to PTS Hardware and Software testing as well as new developments.
- Support daily clinical operations for the customer clinical staff as defined by the site manager and in accordance with site policies.
- Maintain adequate records as defined by the customer and site manager in accordance with company QA and FDA regulations.
- Support the PTS in all phases, which will include but not be limited to: unit testing, integration testing, validation testing and other various site related activities as the site manager defines them.
- Take ownership of the performance and maintenance of the C230 cyclotron used in the PTS.
So, if you are a great Engineer as well as a problem-solver, if you like to challenge yourself to identify solutions that are out of the box, and you like working with your hands, please APPLY now!!!
- BS in Engineering (or other equivalent field or relevant work experience).
- Experience in electronics/electrical system troubleshooting required.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in several of the following fields: Proton Therapy, Cyclotrons, RF Systems, Vacuum Systems, Electronics, Mechanical Systems, Software Analysis, X-Ray Systems, Positioning Equipment, Cooling Systems, PLC’s (Siemens), Regulation Loops, Drivers, Sensors, Electric Motors, High Voltage Equipment, Power Supplies, etc.
- Electrical/Mechanical system repair, maintenance, and operations of large integrated systems is a plus.
- Previous experience with Cyclotrons, RF Systems, and High Vacuum Systems is a plus.
- Experience in LEAN maintenance and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is a plus.
- General Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook etc. are a must.
- Basic knowledge of LINUX systems, SAP, Siemens Step 7, and Service Max is a plus.
- Rotating shift work including nights and weekends and occasionally overtime is required
- Ability to lift >50 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to safely work at heights of up to 30ft with a safety harness on occasion.
- Occupational exposure to radiation, live electrical work, working at heights, handling hazardous materials, and other occupational hazards pertaining to the maintenance of the Proton Therapy System.
- Work with high voltage equipment and magnetic fields.
- Training is offered that can involve off site overnight travel during your first 3 months
- Work is onsite with less than 10% travel per year (after initial training).
“We Engineer HOPE”
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.