Description de l'emploi
Nuclear medicine has evolved considerably over recent years with the emergence of radiotheranostics, a modality which combines targeted diagnosis and therapy with radio-isotopes. It offers an important and promising alternative in the treatment of many cancers. Radiotheranostics is based on the use of radio-isotopes which, when they disintegrate, emit radiation that enables cancer cells to be precisely located and/or destroyed. Among these radio-isotopes, one of the most promising therapeutic is the alpha-emitting Actinium-225.
One of the main challenges to making this therapeutic solution accessible for the greatest number of patients is ensuring the availability of high-quality Actinium-225 in large quantities. It is often referred within the community as “the rarest drug on Earth”. By joining their unique expertise and resources, SCK CEN and IBA are working towards the large-scale production of Actinium-225 for patient use. Concurrently, this collaboration will allow them to establish themselves as leading global partners in the production of Actinium-225.
In this context, IBA and SCK CEN are looking for a talented and experienced senior project manager
to coordinate development activities and facility construction, for a 6-month fixed-term mission extendable in open-ended contract.
Challenges we will trust with
- Supervising the execution of the project in collaboration with the stakeholders (equipment development team, third parties (equipment, building), quality, safety, purchasing, legal, management) within the assigned budget and timeline.
- Coordinating and planning overall project activities with the development leaders; managing priorities to ensure project delivery within timeline
- Following up on budget
- Interface with local authorities
- Manage risk register and communicate on its status
- Ensuring compliance with quality standards
- Taking the lead on resolving project technical and non technical issues
- Reviewing of subcontractor specification documents and managing interfaces among the various systems
- Selection of the subcontractors in collaboration with development teams and subcontractor relationship management (modifications, claims, gaps,…)
- Managing logistics and material aspects
- Participating to the design reviews and verifying that user requirements are met in term of compliance and technical performance
- Managing documentation
- Reporting to the team, management and external stakeholder
- A Master degree in engineering (Electronics, Electro-mechanics, Mechanics or Physics, Chemistry) or equivalent experience in project management in high-technology fields
- Strong experience (10 years+) in project management (Certification PMP or Prince2 is a plus) involving building construction and high-technology equipment design.
- A broad technical knowledge and you understand how to manage tasks in a planning and also according to the technology
- A proven experience in installation, commissioning, or operations of (radio)pharmaceutical site or is a strong asset
- A good knowledge related to International Standards, as IEC, ISO and EHS Regulations to be the keeper of the Good Manufacturing Practices inside the team
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch (French is a plus)
- Eager to learn new fields and continuously update your knowledge
- Creative with your approach to your work and thrive on bringing positive energy to your work
- Coach minded and like to share your knowledge to ensure the adequate level of expertise is present within the team to meet deadlines and equipment performances
- A very committed person ready to inspire and be part of a team to move forward
- Able to motivate, support and empower people
- Able to communicate with a large panel of profiles such as top management and technical people but also local authorities and regulatory affairs
- Results-driven and able to keep calm when facing emergencies
- Able to identify the root cause of issues thanks to your good analytical skills
- Capable of working autonomously and making decisions
- Able to work with a solution-focused approach, striving to determine what are the best actions needed to complete the team's assignments
- Able to develop a global picture and drill down to phases and tasks to make it real
- A flexible person, willing to spend time on site (near Limburg and Antwerp province) when required
- Passionate and willing to contribute to a meaningful mission
Who are we?
IBA RadioPharma Solutions:
for better treatment strategies
Our technology contributes to accurate diagnosis in Oncology
by offering high-quality equipment such as cyclotron
systems for radiopharmaceuticals production.
With more than 300 cyclotrons
and over 600 Synthera®
chemistry modules throughout the world we have a longstanding expertise in setting up tailormade radiopharmaceutical production centers and providing our expertise in project conception
, equipment integration
, process validation
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our RadioPharma Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making early cancer diagnosis more accessible around the world, significantly increasing the chance of survival of patients.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core of IBA RadioPharma solutions
Our teams support hospitals and radiopharmaceutical distribution centers and they are focusing their passion and energy to shape the future and lead innovation projects by offering our customers adjustable production solutions.
The new Cyclone® KIUBE combined with the new version of the Synthera®+ automated synthesizer produce the widest range of radioisotopes and expand the production significantly.
IBA Radioisotope is proud to play a key role in major public and private projects such as MYRRHA project, aiming to design a new sub-critical nuclear reactor, and in building the new generation of accelerators to make radio-isotopes for cancer treatment; or in personalizing radiotherapy with the Theragnostic approach.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.