Description de l'emploi
Responsible for the installation and/or maintenance and/or repair of IBA equipment/systems (applies to hardware and software) at IBA or on customer's site, in order to deliver within defined timelines a final reliable working product, matching quality, performance, customer satisfaction requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all different aspects of beam-related commissioning activities, involving much time on night shift.
- Maintaining a clean working environment and behavior in line with the safety and regulatory rules (radioprotection, electrical risk, etc.
- Install equipment/systems accordingly to the defined planning, timelines procedures and “operating processes”. Adjust and fine tune subsystems
- Test equipment/systems according to the specifications
- Maintain equipment/systems according to the maintenance schedule
- Repair equipment/systems taking all necessary actions to solve problems
- Ensure equipment/systems are working properly with the required level of compliance/quality/technical performance/customer satisfaction
- Train customer to use equipment properly and safely. Coach less experienced field engineers
- Customer/colleague is able to operate on his own IBA equipment/systems with the required level of compliance/quality/technical performance
- Counsel customer on available spare parts and upgrades, report potential sales to the Sales Team
- Report and document interventions and actions undertaken with the required level of details and accuracy
- Propose solutions that improve equipment reliability and operability in collaboration with R&D
- Problems reported and documented in Bugzilla / resolved bugs on the spot, participation to design review
- Appropriate key performance indicators (throughput, customer satisfaction, uptime…) are met.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Physics with a minor in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in electronics/electrical system troubleshooting, mechanical system design and repair, and operations of large systems a plus.
- General Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook are a must.
- Basic knowledge of UNIX a plus.
- SAP knowledge a plus.
- Detail oriented
- Good customer service mentality
- Strong commitment to team work
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to lift >50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly.
- The position is a professional position and the conduct of such a position should be the basic expectation.
- More than 40 hours per week is sometimes required.
- Rotating shift work including nights and weekends is required.
- Occupational exposure to radiation
- Work with high voltage equipment and magnetic fields
- Work with hazardous materials
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.