Description de l'emploi
- As a Service Engineer, you play a key role in our mission to treat cancer patients.
- You participate to the installation, calibration and maintenance of a broad range of the IBA equipment and technical tools on the Proton Therapy site in Langfang, China.
- You will become a specialist in the latest cancer treatment solutions and represent IBA with your know how.
- You are responsible for all different aspects of beam-related commissioning activities.
- You are in charge of testing and validating new releases according to the specifications, and you ensure the customer requirements are meet in terms of compliance, quality, technical performance, and timing.
- You support the Proton Therapy System in all phases, which will include but not be limited to installation, unit testing, integration testing, validation testing and other various site related activities as they are defined by the Site Manager.
- You support daily clinical operations of Proton Therapy System for various customer needs, which will include, but not be limited to Patient Treatment, Patient Specific QA, development, Software Testing, Troubleshooting, and experimentation.
- You troubleshoot Proton Therapy System equipment including electrical, mechanical, and software problems.
- You maintain the Proton Therapy System including but not limited to preventative maintenance and curative maintenance.
- You maintain adequate records as defined by the specific facility.
- You communicate the status of the system to the customer as well as to IBA employees.
- You work in a team of approximately 13 people, and you report to the Site Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Interaction
- Reporting and record keeping
- You have very good oral and written skills in English and Mandarin;
- You are base at Langfang, willing to travel up to 15% of your time, and up to 60% during the training period;
- You have Master Degree or Ph.D in Physics with a minor in Electrical Engineering. A relevant experience in High Energy Physics, Academy of Sciences, Particle Accelerators or Medical Physics are a strong asset;
- Your experience in electronics/electrical system troubleshooting, mechanical system design and repair, and operations of large systems is a plus;
- You are flexible person, willing to work in rotating shift work, night work and weekends (up to 50% of your time);
- You have general knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook etc.;
- You have basic knowledge of UNIX is a plus;
- Your SAP knowledge is a plus;
- You are a driven, proactive and hands-on person;
- You are a detail-oriented person with very good analytical skills;
- You are able to organize your work autonomously and to take initiatives.
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.