Description de l'emploi
Position reports to:
open to Internal and External Candidates
Type of contract:
The ProteusOne installation project in Milan will be the 2nd Proton Therapy Center in Italy. Istituto Europeo di Oncologia (IEO), our customer, is a famous oncology center in Europe. They have been awarded recently in the top10 of best world’s hospital by Newsweek (1st in Europe).
The Proton Therapy Center will be equipped with the latest ProteusOne system.
The installation of the Proton Therapy Center will start mid of June 2022 and will be delivered within 11 months after which the site transitions to customer service mode.
Customer services is scheduled for 12 years after the delivery date.
You play a key role in our mission to treat cancer patients.
As an Electromechanical engineer, you are responsible for installation, calibration and commissioning activities on the Proton Therapy site, with a specific focus on the electromechanical equipment in the Treatment Room.
You work in a team of approximately 9 people, and you report to the Site Manager.
As an Electromechanical engineer, you are responsible for:
During the installation phase (+/- 11 months)
During the Customer Service phase
- Participating in the installation of the IBA equipment and technical tools on the Proton Therapy site with a specific focus on the electromechanical equipment (electrical and electronics cabinets, cooling systems, vacuum systems, high and low voltage equipment, etc.)
- Testing and validating the equipment according to the specifications and ensuring the customer requirements are met in terms of compliance, quality, technical performance and timing
- Critically analyzing data to diagnose potential technical problems
- Collaborating intensively during the installation and commissioning phase with subcontractors to supervise the installation until the start-up of the equipment
- Troubleshooting the equipment including solving electrical and mechanical issues
- Ensuring the highest quality of state-of-art technologies and services
- Maintaining and troubleshooting the equipment
- Operating the system and providing technical support to the medical staff during patient treatment and clinical operations
- Ensuring the client requirements are met in term of technical performance, timing and safety
- Training customers
- Carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment (shift work)
- Upgrading and improving the system in collaboration with the R&D department
You also are:
- A Master degree in engineering (Electronics, Electro-mechanics or Mechanics)
- Relevant technical experience in electronics/electrical system troubleshooting, mechanical system design and repair, and operations of large systems, as well as experience with different tools like cooling systems, vacuum systems, PLC´s regulation loops, drivers, sensors, electric motors positioning equipment, high and low voltage equipment
- The ability to troubleshoot large systems issues
- Knowledge of local EHS regulations
- Driven, proactive and hands-on person
- Able to follow rules & regulations and you able to deliver on strict deadlines
- Analytical, able to identify root cause of issues
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel extensively during the training period (+/- 4 months)
- A flexible person, willing to work in rotating shift work, night work and weekends (up to 50% of your time)
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.