Description de l'emploi
Proton Therapy Service Engineer
Do you have a track record of identifying solutions to complex troubleshooting tasks?
If so, then read on!
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Service Engineer to join our DYNAMIC
team responsible for operating and maintaining our proton therapy site. This individual will be a ROCKSTAR!!!
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and professionally polished in aspects of Electronics/Electrical engineering
. Someone with a "LOGICAL"
mentality, but also likes to work with his/her hands, you are seeking a “CHALLENGE”
, while identifying a “SYSTEMATIC”
approach to finding solutions.
- Operate the Proton Therapy System (PTS) for patient treatment, Medical Physics Quality Assurance, and other customer needs covered by the service contract
- Complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual preventative maintenance on the PTS electrical, mechanical, and software systems
- Troubleshoot issues with PTS electrical, mechanical, and software systems that arise during clinical operations
- Complete corrective maintenance and upgrades on PTS electrical, mechanical, and software systems
- Maintain adequate records as defined by the customer and site manager in accordance with company QA and FDA regulations.
- Administer software configuration, monitor servers and workstations, and maintain backups
- Analyze software logs and source code to determine the root cause of issues with the PTS electrical, mechanical, and software systems
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science OR 4 years+ of combined installation, operations, or maintenance and support experience in an equivalent field in lieu of BS degree
- Experience in any of the following fields: Proton Therapy, Cyclotrons, Electronics, Mechanical Systems, Software Analysis, X-Ray Systems, Positioning Equipment, Cooling Systems, Vacuum Systems, PLC’s (Siemens), Regulation Loops, Drivers, Sensors, Electric Motors, High Voltage Equipment, Power Supplies, etc.
- Experience in LEAN maintenance and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is a plus.
- Experience working with electrical, mechanical, and software integrated systems
- Experience with Java, C++, and Postgres (or other SQL) database
- Knowledge of Linux scripting languages (Bash, Python, Shell, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management such as Subversion or Git
- Advanced networking experience (administration of switches and routers, debugging, DNS, firewall management, system back-ups, etc.)
- Ability to understand system architecture and operation from schematics and block diagrams
- Experience with hand tools and basic test equipment (multimeter, calipers, gauges, etc.)
- Experience with specialized tools and advanced test equipment (network analyzer, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Familiarity with SAP, Siemens Step 7, ServiceMax (CMMS), and MS Products such as Excel
- Demonstrates customer service and teamwork
- Excels at communicating, organizing, and planning
- Autonomous, motivated, and proactive
- Patient, resilient, and works well under pressure
- Can improvise, adapt, and overcome
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to hear and speak English clearly.
- Ability to access and work within confined spaces.
- Ability to safely work at heights of up to 30ft with a safety harness.
- Ability to lift >50 pounds repeatedly.
- Good manual dexterity and ability to work with tools.
- Rotating shift work including nights and weekends required
- Occupational exposure to radiation, live electrical work, high voltage equipment, working at heights 4 feet or higher (including climbing ladders), handling hazardous materials, standing, sitting or stooping for long periods of time, magnetic fields, and other occupational hazards pertaining to the maintenance of the Proton Therapy System
- Occasionally working more than 40 hours per week
- Work onsite with less than 10% travel per year (after initial training) with possibility of it being international and domestic
- The position is a professional position and the conduct of such a position should be the basic expectation.
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The Proton Therapy Service Engineer - Software position is part of a seven-engineer on-site service team responsible for the operation and maintenance of the IBA Proton Therapy System (PTS), an advanced cancer treatment platform. The work will include operating, servicing, repairing, and upgrading the hardware and software systems of the PTS. In addition to the electrical and mechanical equipment, the Software Service Engineer performs configuration management and debugs, tests, and upgrades the Therapy Control System (TCS) and other related software systems.
IBA Proton Therapy is the industry leader in particle therapy, with the most precise clinical radiotherapy methods. IBA is internationally headquartered in Louvain la Neuve, Belgium with regional US headquarters in Reston, VA. With more than 30 years of success in cancer diagnostics and treatment, IBA is the worldwide leader of technology in the field of proton therapy. IBA currently has systems and treatment centers in Europe, Asia, North America, and is expanding to emerging markets throughout the world. Our company’s mission is to Protect, Enhance, and Save Lives.
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.