Description de l'emploi
Are you an engineer looking to learn and grow in a dynamic industrial environment? Then IBA could be the perfect place for you!
The Controls Enginee
r is responsible for developing the technical deliverables required for industrial control systems. This position is responsible for the development of control schematics, control and I/O panels, control system narrative, PLC and HMI programming, as well as factory and field start-up commissioning, where required. This position is responsible for the overall control system engineering.
The position will include programming PLCs & HMIs, selection of controls automation sensors / devices / components. This individual will also participate in machine prototyping / build, machine testing, deployment support as well as technical writing for design documentation.
- Understands the functionalities of a Dynamitron (Electron Beam Accelerator) its ancillaries and the lines it integrates into.
- Understands the hazards and risks associated to the Dynamitron operations
- Understands, Analyzes and Compiles the requirement specifications
- Able to go through machinery risk analysis according to international standards:
- IEC 60204; 62061; etc…
- UL/CE DirectivesDevelop the Code solutions to meet the requirements and applicable directives and standards
- Writes and processes through the validation protocol of new software solution
- Monitor the software bugs and continuously improve the software solutions for the Dynamitron
- Setup and test software to new project solutions
- Interacts with other disciplines of engineering to guaranty proper interfaces between controls and systems
- Assist field operations with Software Interface validation as well as troubleshooting through commissioning (both on site or in IBA plant)
- Contributes to the preparation of the operating procedures of the system
- Ability to communicate effectively with Management and Operators both internally and externally
- Knowledge of creating electrical drawings and schematics plus
- Reports directly to Engineering Manager
- Travel required is less than 25%
Requirements & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Science preferred or equivalent education and work.
- At least 3 years of experience in the industrial machinery business
- Is knowledgeable in documentation control methods and procedures as related to official design data (drawings, software code, etc…)
- Is able to create official company documentation for release to manufacturing and field service personnel for usage in the factory and the field for machine production and maintenance.
- Understands coding of Industrial PLC’s specifically Allen-Bradley.
Who are we?
IBA Industrial is the world leader in electron and proton accelerators for industrial applications.
IBA's unique E-beam, X-ray and proton solutions are used across the world in many different
applications such as medical devices sterilization, food pasteurization, wire and cable crosslinking,
property enhancement for various materials, safety and detection, crystal modification, etc.
With over 250 IBA Industrial accelerators active across the world, we supply complete irradiation
solutions from site planning and optimization, engineering and integration of all operational systems
to assistance in operation.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Industrial E-beam and X-ray Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of offering sustainable alternatives to radioactive and chemical sterilization. By developing environmentally friendly state-of -art technologies, we help our customers to face their environmental, safety and security challenges.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core of IBA Industrial
Our engineers are focusing their passion and energy to shape the future and lead innovation in a great variety of applications and fields such as medical devices sterilization, which is key to the future of medicine, and also Flash irradiation, radiofrequencies, electronics, nuclear science.
IBA Industrial is proud to play a key role in major public and private developments such as MYRRHA project, aiming to design a new sub-critical nuclear reactor, and in building the new generation of accelerators to make radio-isotopes for cancer treatment.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.