Description de l'emploi
Within IBA, the R&D – System Engineering – Physics team is in charge of accelerator and beam lines related research and development activities. The team works mainly for the application of accelerators in Protontherapy (PT), but also for IBA’s other business lines, Radiopharma Solutions (production of medical radioisotopes) and Industrial (applications in sterilization, material treatments or security).
Duties and Responsibilities:
As R&D Physicist,
- You maintain and improve some of the core competencies of the company: accelerator physics and beam properties, magnetic computations and magnet design;
- You develop and validate new accelerators and new magnet designs to be engineered by the rest of the department;
- At the end of the development, you bridge the theoretical studies with the experiment. In addition, you support the recurrent production of cyclotrons;
- You are likely to be exposed to various projects, developing knowledge in fields and techniques related to current projects (e.g. cryogenics or detectors). Our team is also associated with the assessment of future developments through dedicated exploratory projects and technology watch.
As a R&D Physicist, you have:
- A master degree in Physics or Engineering Sciences, preferably a PhD or equivalent by experience in research or industry;
- Knowledge of accelerator physics and normal conducting is an asset;
- Expertise in superconducting magnet technologies is an asset;
- Background in Nuclear/Particle Physics, particle detection, or any field related to IBA activities is a plus;
- Knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, Python), and data analysis (matlab, ROOT) as well as some experience with finite elements packages (e.g. the Vectorfields Suite) is an asset;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English and preferably also in French;
And you are:
- Fascinated by new technologies and always willing to update your knowledge;
- A team player with very good interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Able to organize your work autonomously;
- A hands-on and proactive person, bridging theory and experiment;
- Willing to travel up to 10-15% of your time.
公司Who are we?
IBA is a listed company, headquartered in Belgium, and employs 1500 people across the globe mobilizing their skills and passion to Protect, Enhance and Save lives
We develop, manufacture and support innovative equipment and software solutions for diagnostic, cancer treatment, and industrial applications.
Innovating for life since more than 30 years, IBA has opened new ways to diagnose and fight cancer and become the worldwide technology leader in the field of Proton Therapy, which is today the most advanced technologies treatment against cancer. Our core particle accelerators knowledge is unparalleled, with 100,000 patients treated on our proton therapy solutions and over 550 accelerators in operation globally.
One Mission, 4 business lines
IBA ‘s world class expertise lies in the development of:
next generation Proton Therapy technologies
Radiopharmaceuticals providing oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment
Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety
particle accelerators for the Industrial and medical world.
Our 4 business lines are employing more than 1,500 passionate professionals worldwide dedicated to our Mission: Protect, Enhance and Save lives.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
Check out our webpage sustainability to find out more!
At IBA we dare to develop innovative solutions pushing back the limits of technology. We achieved worldwide recognition in our field by supplying the world's top oncologists with the most precise, cancer-defeating, technologies.
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.
聘用意向书The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success