Description de l'emploi
工作描述To this date, all IBA products and systems are based or use either particle accelerators or particle detectors. Therefore, expertise about nuclear and electromagnetic interactions between particle and matter is key for various purposes. For instance, Monte Carlo simulations are used for:
- Shielding design for low- and medium-energy cyclotrons used for isotope production
- Shielding design for high-energy accelerators used in Particle Therapy
- Optimization of irradiation techniques for industrial applications using electron and X-ray beams
- Development of new cancer treatment modalities using proton, heavy ion, or electron beams
- Support to the development of new detector concepts.
The presence of in-house experts in the domain is among the assets and differentiators between IBA and its competition. As R&D Physicist, you will be involved in maintaining and developing this very specific expertise. You will learn from IBA’s experience and bring your own skills and motivation to further develop it. This implies developing your own network through collaborations with universities and participation to relevant workshops and conferences.
This position implies good communication skills and collaboration with many other teams to capture the problems or questions and how to best answer them. It is also a position that requires a long-term involvement and therefore a bulletproof interest for the domain.
- Master degree in Engineering or Physics with a Strong background in Nuclear or Particle Physics, preferably with a PhD
- Proficiency in the use of Monte Carlo radiation transport codes (e.g. MCNP6, PHITS or GEANT4), involving the development of complex geometries. Experience with the use of activation code such as FISPACT-II would be an asset
- Experience in programming or scripting languages (Python, C/C++/C#, VBA, Matlab…) in a LINUX environment.
- Able to organize your work autonomously and take initiatives
- Curious and willing to keep on learning and acquiring new skills/tools, as an expert
- Rigorous and meticulous in your daily work and its documentation
- Able to present your results in a comprehensive way, you adapt your message to your audience
- Fluent in English and proficient in French
- Willing to travel worldwide (a couple of weeks a year).
公司Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced and accurate form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
聘用意向书The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success