Description de l'emploi
工作描述Do you have a track record of identifying solutions to complex troubleshooting tasks?
Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the fight against cancer?
Do you like being a part of the best use of a proton beam since fighting ghosts?
If so, then read on!
We have an exciting opportunity if you are passionate about physics and particle accelerators to join our dynamic Philadelphia (University of Pennsylvania – Penn Medicine) team responsible for operating and maintaining our proton therapy site. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and professionally polished in aspects of particle accelerators (cyclotrons) and electronics/electrical engineering. If you have an "ANALYTICAL" mentality, like to work with your hands, are seeking a “CHALLENGE”, all while identifying a “SYSTEMATIC” approach to solutions then IBA has an opportunity for you!
What you'll be doing?
- Maintain technical responsibility over the Cyclotron subsystem.
- Operate Proton Therapy System (PTS) for various customer needs, which will include, but not be limited to: Patient Treatment, Patient Specific QA, development, Software Testing, Troubleshooting, and research.
- Troubleshoot and maintain PTS equipment including: cooling systems, vacuum systems, PLC’s, regulation loops, drivers, sensors, positioning equipment, electric motors, high voltage equipment, low voltage equipment, ion chambers, O-scopes, multi-meters, work bench electrical equipment, etc.
- Clearly communicate the status of the system to the customer as well as to IBA employees.
- Provide support for Software and Hardware testing as well as new developments.
- Support daily clinical operations for the clinical staff as defined by the site management and in accordance with site policies
- Maintain detailed records as defined by the specific facility in accordance with company QA and FDA regulations.
- Support the PTS in all phases, which will include but not be limited to: unit testing, integration testing, validation testing and other various site related activities as they are defined by site management.
简介What you need to qualify for this position?
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field and experience is required at a minimum.
- Experience with troubleshooting and data analysis techniques is required.
- Experience in the operation of a particle accelerator, or on conventional radiotherapy system is required
- Experience in RF systems, High Vacuum, High Voltage Power Supplies is definitely a plus
- Experience in electronics/electrical system is a plus.
- Mechanical system repair, maintenance, and operations of large systems a plus.
- General Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook etc. are a must.
- Experience with Excel macros a plus.
- Basic knowledge of LINUX a plus.
- Detail oriented
- Takes initiative without being directed
- Patient, tenacious, and determined problem solver
- Ability to layout a plan and execute that plan methodically
- Works well under pressure
- Good customer service mentality
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Rotating shift work including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Good manual dexterity and ability to work with tools
- Ability to lift >50 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to hear and speak English clearly
- Occupational exposure to radiation
- Work with hazardous materials
- Work with high voltage equipment and magnetic fields
公司Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced and accurate form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
聘用意向书The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success