Description de l'emploi
Within IBA, the R&D – System Engineering – Physics team is in charge of accelerator and beam lines related research and development activities. The team works mainly for the application of accelerators in Protontherapy (PT), but also for IBA’s other business lines, Radiopharma Solutions (production of medical radioisotopes) and Industrial (applications in sterilization, material treatments or security).
We offer you to join the team with a 2-year contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As R&D Physicist, your responsibilities will be to:
- You maintain and improve some of the core competencies of the company: accelerator physics and beam properties, magnetic computations and magnet design;
- You develop and validate new accelerators and new magnet designs to be engineered by the rest of the department;
- At the end of the development, you bridge the theoretical studies with the experiment. In addition, you support the recurrent production of cyclotrons;
- You are likely to be exposed to various projects, developing knowledge in fields and techniques related to current projects (e.g. cryogenics or detectors). Our team is also associated with the assessment of future developments through dedicated exploratory projects and technology watch.
As a R&D Physicist, you have:
- A master degree in Physics or Engineering Sciences, preferably a PhD or equivalent by experience in research or industry;
- Knowledge of accelerator physics, normal conducting and superconducting magnet technologies is an asset;
- Background in Nuclear/Particle Physics, particle detection, or any field related to IBA activities is a plus;
- Knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, Python), and data analysis (matlab, ROOT) as well as some experience with finite elements packages (e.g. the Vectorfields Suite) is an asset;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English and preferably also in French;
And you are:
- Fascinated by new technologies and always willing to update your knowledge;
- A team player with very good interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Able to organize your work autonomously;
- A hands-on and proactive person, bridging theory and experiment;
- Willing to travel up to 10-15% of your time.
公司IBA : opening new ways in the fight against cancer.
IBA is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy. The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including IBA’s leading fully integrated IntegraLab® radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
Headquartered in Belgium and employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, IBA currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
聘用意向书IBA offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer. Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 40 nationalities working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents.
IBA offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment. You have real possibilities to evolve within IBA's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer IBA is committed to a diverse workforce.