Description de l'emploi
The IBA team supporting the Beaumont Proton Therapy Center is looking for their next Site Technical Leader (STL). This STL will partner with the Site Manager (SM) to lead and manage the successful execution of the site’s technical and administrative activities to enable and facilitate the 25+ cancer treatments taking place in the center’s P1 compact gantry room every day (and help the team meet or exceed the contractual obligations that exist between IBA and Beaumont).
What will you do as the STL:
- Plans, organizes and supports all technical activities with the help from many IBA offices
- Facilitates daily patient treatment operations with the help of the site engineers
- Executes the preventative maintenance (PM) plan with the help of the Technical Office, the flying service engineers (FSEs) and the site engineers
- Completes updates and upgrades with the help of Innovation & Development (ID), FSEs and the site engineers
- Drives corrective maintenance with the help of the Technical Support Center (TSC), site engineers and other escalation personnel
- Ensures the stocking and consumption of spare parts with the help of the site engineers and site administrative assistant
- Participates in weekly Configuration Control Board and Preventative Maintenance meetings with the site Technical Office
- Manages the development and growth of the site engineer’s technical competencies
- Coordinates with customer to deconflict quality assurance, PM, update, upgrade and other weekend activities to ensure the site’s technical readiness
- Prepares for the next step in their IBA career with the help of the SM and Regional Operations Manager
What helps qualify you to be the STL:
- IBA proton system technical knowledge and experience
- Desire to be part of and help lead a team
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and controlled while under pressure
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback
- Ability to meet deadlines and hold others accountable to deadlines
- Desire to help others grow and prepare for the next steps in their IBA careers
The fine print to the STL:
- Rotating shift work will be required
- Long hours will often be required
- Regular occupational exposure to hazardous materials, high voltage, magnetic fields, and radiation
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds, overhead, repeatedly
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to speak and hear American clearly
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.