Description de l'emploi
As a member of the Automation Engineering Team
in the R&D Department, you will be involved in various lifecycle phases of control systems and industrial IT. The range of our domain is large, going from hardware definition to web HMI; from field experience to versioning management.
Challenges we will trust you with :
- Together with the experts of the team you will contribute to the analysis of automation projects and the definition of hardware and software specifications.
- You will be in charge of developing software by analyzing, programming, testing and putting into service related control systems while ensuring that project documentation is in line with the internal QMS procedures and guidelines.
- After a transition period, you will be the owner of a ‘control unit’ and its related software solutions. You will ensure the development follow-up, prepare work package and be responsible for the whole quality.
- Further to the start-up of the systems, you will provide high-level technical support.
What we are looking for :
- Bachelor’s degree or Master's degree in Automation Engineering or in Industrial IT.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in operation, support or development.
- Analytical and critical mind, expert in providing efficient solutions to technical problems while respecting the project schedule.
- Result focused, able to understand and satisfy customers’ needs in mission critical applications.
- Experienced in working on projects under a structured Quality Management System frequently audited by regulatory authorities.
- Competent in creating high quality technical documentation.
- Able to work on projects in collaboration with a team and with various stakeholders.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Able to provide technical training to other teams of the company and to final customers.
- Based in Louvain-La-Neuve, available to travel internationally for short missions (up to 15% of your time, maximum 2 weeks) and perform occasional remote on call support during the weekend.
- PLC & Safety PLC programming (Siemens STEP7 and TIA Portal, B&R);
- SCADA programming in Wonderware Archestra, Wonderware InTouch, B&R Visual Component;
- Industrial communications based on Profibus-DP, PROFINET, ModbusTCP, S7, OPC-UA and other industrial protocols;
- Knowledge of VMWare environment (ESX, Workstation) & motor drivers and motion systems (SEW, Schneider Electric, B&R) are an asset.
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.