Description de l'emploi
As an R&D Research Expert, you will join the Clinical Research & Application group within the Innovation & Development department of our Proton Therapy business unit at our Belgian headquarters. You will integrate IBA’s leading research and development program for ConformalFLASH® proton therapy. You will support our customers’ research efforts to pioneer this new promising modality.
Learn more on these efforts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbioy51Vu9o
Roles and Responsibilities
You will shape the future of proton therapy by contributing to the prototyping and development of mostly SW solutions for the delivery of ultra-high dose rate proton therapy on our installed base. You will be in continuous contact with our academic partners to help them achieve their clinical vision. You will enrich tools to support their optimization of treatment plans and offer advice on the system capabilities to accelerate their pre-clinical and clinical research roadmaps. You will support the identification of the clinical cases most benefiting from the radiobiological advantage of FLASH dose rates thanks to a model-based approach. You will patent novel concepts and raise awareness of the radiation oncology community through publications.
- You have a Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Biology, preferably a PhD.
- You are knowledgeable in medical physics and preferably have experience in a hospital, academic or industrial environment. More specifically in the field of radiation therapy. Ideally in the fields of Proton therapy, Treatment planning, Radiobiology and/or Flash research.
- You are a versatile scientist with engineering skills and customer mindset. You enjoy working in the office on in-silico evaluation studies and the specification of prototypes, as well as coordinating research plans with partners or carrying out experimental work on site.
- You are able to read, write and speak English.
- You are willing to travel up to 20% of your time.
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.