Description de l'emploi
As an R&D Research Expert, you will join the Clinical Research & Application group within the Innovation & Development department of our Proton Therapy business unit at our Belgian headquarters. You will work in close collaboration with our customers and academic research partners on the software prototyping of new features in order to demonstrate their technical feasibility and explore their clinical value. You will leverage and advance applications of IBA’s OpenPATh initiative for the integration of new workflows between the IBA proton therapy systems, the IBA dosimetry solutions and third-party software oncology systems, such as Treatment Planning systems (TPS) and oncology information systems (OIS).
Learn more on these efforts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTeopPtEkes
Roles and Responsibilities
You will connect with our clinical solution managers and our product managers to understand the new user needs and the product strategy to meet them. You will coordinate with our customers, research partners and third-party vendor counterparts to identify opportunities for synergistic efforts, and you will collaborate with them on our joint research programs. You will design, develop, install, test, and troubleshoot software solutions that are instrumental to the realization of our common research objectives. You will work across functions and team boundaries to ensure there is a clear understanding of the requirements, performances, and limitations on all ends. You will transfer (internally or externally) with necessary records and documentation your successful proof of concepts for formal development.
- You have a Master’s degree in Physics, Informatics or Engineering, preferably a PhD or other prior experience in research.
- You are knowledgeable in medical physics and preferably have experience in a hospital, academic or industrial environment. Ideally in the field of radiation therapy.
- You are a team player able to organize your work autonomously according to priorities and in synchronization with external partners abroad.
- You are a customer-oriented person with excellent interpersonal communication skills including presentation of ideas.
- You enjoy brainstorming with colleagues on technical challenges.
- You are able to report technical progress with different levels of abstraction to our different internal and external stakeholders.
- You are able to read, write and speak English.
- You are willing to travel up to 25% of your time.
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.