Description de l'emploi
Proton therapy (PT) is the latest technology in radio therapy and today more and more oncology patients are accessing this cutting edge cancer treatment and the range of indications is expanding.
As ProtonTherapy Service Engineer, you play a key role in IBA’s mission to treat cancer patients.
You are responsible for the installation and/or maintenance and/or repair of IBA equipment and systems (hardware and software) on IBA or customer's sites, in order to deliver within defined timelines a final reliable working product, matching quality, performance and customer satisfaction requirements. You also participate in maintenance and operations of IBA equipment at the Proton Therapy Center Trento. The center is the first treating proton therapy center in Italy with comparable high-level technology. You are based on site, but open to travel for training and support purposes. You report to the local Site Manager and you will be working with a team of 14 people.
As PT Service Engineer, you are responsible for:
- Technical ownership of a site subsystem according to area competencies
- Maintaining and troubleshooting the equipment dealing with electrical, mechanical, and software matters
- Testing and repairing the equipment/systems according to the technical specifications
- Upgrading and improving the system in collaboration with the R&D department
- Ensuring the highest quality of state-of-the-art technologies/services
- Proposing solutions that improve equipment reliability, stability and operability
- Preparing and setting up of equipment/systems on a daily basis for clinical operations
- Operating the equipment and providing technical support to the medical staff during daily operations
- Ensuring daily reports of activities, maintenance execution and incidents in the appropriate IT tools
- Maintaining adequate records as defined by the specific facility
- Direct contact with internal and external clients
You also are:
- A technical bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of electronics, mechatronics, automation, or telecommunications
- Experience in an industrial environment in maintenance, installation and troubleshooting activities dealing with electrical equipment and plants as a plus
- Experience in the maintenance and installation of IT equipment, for example as a system administrator or PLC technician, as a plus
- Good analytical and logical reasoning skills for root cause analysis
- A broad technical interest and motivation to perform hands-on work
- Good verbal good communication skills in English, Italian as plus
- Good written and reporting skills in English
- Customer-oriented and proactive
- A hands-on person
- Able to follow rules and regulations
- Able to deliver on strict deadlines
- Eager to learn new fields, continuously updating your knowledge (Electronics, Software, Hardware, Beam Physics, Medical Application etc.)
- Willing to share your knowledge in your area of expertise
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- A flexible person, willing to work in rotating shift work (mainly morning and afternoon shifts but also late afternoon and night shifts to perform activities after the patient’s treatments. Weekend shifts are always scheduled in rotation on the entire team).
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.