Description de l'emploi
As a Building Engineer
, you will be in charge of all building design aspects imposed by the evolution of IBA’s products and of the follow-up the construction of those buildings.
Your responsibilities will be to produce and develop specifications for the design and realisation of buildings intended to host IBA equipment (mostly medical but also industrial):
- Study the feasibility, develop and design facility layouts;
- Produce facility drawings for construction design
- Review and validate facility drawings from prospects, customers or suppliers,
- Interface with customer’s or subcontractors’ Construction Project teams,
- Estimate completion dates and risks and report critical information to the Project Manager
- Maintain the drawings database: analyze change requests and problems, identify deviations, perform impact analysis and propose technical solutions and improvements
You have :
You are :
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent by experience) in engineering, construction, architectural or technical design;
- Excellent design skills: proficient in AutoCAD, Revit (or other BIM software); at ease with Microsoft Office 365 suite;
- Technical and construction oriented, experienced in medical and/or industrial building design and specific building techniques (HVAC, network, power);
- Very good communication skills, efficient communication with both internal and external partners;
- Ability to learn and adapt yourself fast while remaining patient at the same time;
- Time and change management skills;
- Excellent oral and written skills in both French and English.
- Eager to work on both short- to long-term challenges, inside a multi-cultural team
- A real Team player, flexible yet focus-driven individual with a proactive mindset
- Able to organize your work autonomously and take initiatives
- Willing to possibly travel up to 30% of your time
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.