Description de l'emploi
You will be responsible for creating & maintaining high-quality User Manuals for the IBA Proton Therapy Business Unit. You will join a team of talented tech writers who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, and product managers to enable our customers to use our cancer treatment system.
The position is based on site in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium (homeworking is allowed for a maximum of 2 days/week).
Duties and Responsibilities
As Technical Writer, your responsibilities will be to:
- Plan, develop and organize user manuals
- Interview engineers, developers, project managers, study drawings & specifications to obtain an very good understanding of the products and the documentation requirements
- Define the scope and objectives: identify the intended audiences, identify the information needing to be shared and adequate means to transmit it
- Organize material and complete writing according to set standards regarding content exactness, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology
- Focus on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Understand and maintain the information architecture of the manuals requiring a good level of abstraction
- A proven first working experience in technical writing (3 years min.) in a technical environment such as powertrain, aviation, electronics, …
- An excellent writing level in English language and an understanding of how to address non-native speakers
- Strong overall organization skills: able to plan efficiently and multi-task
- Good communication skills and team spirit
- An ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures according to the audience
- Knowledge of Author-it and Adobe FrameMaker are considered as an asset
- A degree in a relevant subject or equivalent technical experience (Bachelor or engineering degree in electricity/electronics, electro-mechanical, biomedical or physics)
- A knowledge of medical devices regulations is considered as an asset
- A working knowledge of MS Office tools (mainly Excel, One Note and Teams)
- Resilient to stress when deadlines are short
- Dynamic, rigorous and curious about complex technologies and crafts
- Real Team player
- Proactive in improving technical writing related matters
Who are we?
Innovating for life since 1986, IBA has become the global leader
in proton therapy, considered as the most advanced
form of radiotherapy in cancer treatments using ionizing rays.
Thanks to the unique properties of protons, tumors can be targeted more accurately while limiting exposure of the surrounding healthy tissues
We provide two types of therapy center: the IBA’s Proteus®PLUS which offer a multi-room solution and the Proteus®ONE who is a more compact single room solution that is easier to install, integrate and operate.
To date, more than 58 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA across 3 continents.
As a company, we are focused on striking the right balance between our stakeholders: increasing our market share and the return for our shareholders, improving the quality of life of our customers, patients and employees, and contributing to the well-being of our society, while also maintaining and restoring our planet’s health.
“Since 2021, IBA is recognized as a certified B Corporation (or B Corp). B Corps are companies that promote ‘business as a force for good’, balancing profit and purpose. They meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.”
Our Proton Therapy Solutions are targeted towards the same objective of making a positive impact on patient health by providing health care professionals with the most effective and accurate solutions for diagnosis and treatment.
Check out our webpage sustainability
to find out more!
Innovation at the core: shaping the future of proton therapy
We dare designing innovative solutions because we aim for better treatment. That is why our teams are focused on continuously improving the quality and stability of our Proteus®ONE and Proteus®PLUS solutions.
IBA constantly improve the proton therapy technology for the benefit of patients. We work diligently to advance proton therapy, in close collaboration with our customers and through R&D partnerships.
If you want to discover the new technologies we are working on as well as our different business unit, read our new brochure
The identity of IBA is characterized by a group of colleagues driven by motivation, curiosity, creativity, the desire to learn on a daily basis, by technical challenges and above all by a highly developed team and family spirit that makes the daily life smoother and more enjoyable!
By joining a team of about 40 nationalities and working on more than 45 different sites on 3 continents, IBA offers you the opportunity of a meaningful career with a direct impact in the fight against cancer.
We are driven by:
- Innovating in a cutting-edge technology environment
- Developing professional and personal skills by learning on the Job; by participating in challenging projects; top class courses
- Evolving in a friendly culture environment based upon solid values (dare - share - care - be fair)
- Acting autonomously and belonging to motivated teams with good work-life balance
- Contributing to a company where sustainability, safety and well-being are key to our success
If you are passionate, cause-driven, you can make this quest yours by joining our dedicated colleagues and give your career a new meaning.