Description de l'emploi
Proton Therapy is a cancer treatment modality that allows for a more accurate radiation dose delivery compared to conventional photon-based radiotherapy. This capability is due to the unique properties of protons versus X-rays. These properties are fully exploited with the use of pencil beam scanning (PBS) in the IBA ProteusOne and ProteusPlus products.
Our System Engineering team of the R&D department focuses on the design and architecture of all new development linked to both proton therapy products and provides support to other business lines (RadioPharma Solutions and Industrial Solutions).
The physics part of this team is made of around 10 people that are working on the physics aspect of the cyclotrons, beamlines and beam delivery techniques. For each new project, they need to guarantee all the beam requirements in order to deliver the most accurate beam properties (dose, position...) and fast irradiation without compromising the safety of the system. It is also in the team’s mission to develop tools (hardware and software) that allow for easier and faster commissioning of the system, as well as easier maintenance, by the PT Services teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As R&D Physicist, your responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in the development of new features to improve the quality of proton therapy treatments (accuracy, speed, management of organ motion…), the reliability and the calibration process.
- Analyze, calculate and evaluate the feasibility in accordance with specifications.
- Propose technical solutions for development decision.
- Participate in other activities related to architecture, FMEA, calibration, integration and validation tests.
- A Master degree in (Engineering) Sciences, preferably in Physics, or you have an equivalent experience;
- Experience in a similar position in R&D, ideally in an industrial environment, is a plus;
- An experience in running experimentation on real systems, you are not afraid to “get your hands dirty” ... yet following a methodical approach;
- Experience in software development: Python, MATLAB,….
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Fascinated by new technologies and always willing to update your knowledge;
- A driven and proactive individual, able to organize your work autonomously;
- A team player with very good interpersonal skills;
- Service-minded and client oriented with excellent problem solving skills
- Focused on quality
- Willing to travel up to 25% of your time.
公司Particle Therapy: the next frontier in cancer therapy.
IBA is the undisputed leader in particle therapy, acknowledged to be the most precise and effective clinical radiotherapy method in the selective destruction of cancer cells. To date, more than 25 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA.
IBA : opening new ways in the fight against cancer.
IBA is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy. The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including IBA’s leading fully integrated IntegraLab® radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
Headquartered in Belgium and employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, IBA currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
聘用意向书IBA offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer. Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
IBA offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment. You have real possibilities to evolve within IBA's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer IBA is committed to a diverse workforce.