Description de l'emploi
工作描述Position title: Patent Expert
Posting: Internal & external
Type of contract: Local BE
Closing date: /
As a patent expert, you are at the crossroad of the IBA technologies and the product strategy of the different business units. You manage and valorize IBA’s intellectual property (IP) while monitoring IP from competition. You take also a coordination role to manage the IP team and its numerous stakeholders
- Manage one or several patent portfolio(s) in line with the strategy of the Business Units (product offer, technology portfolio ….).
- In line with the Business Unit, define the IP strategy, build and manage the corresponding budget, prioritize the patents and applications.
- Manage patent application lifecycle (and, if applicable, supervise the Patent Engineers in this task).
- Defend IBA patents: Conduct adequate Patent litigation and ensure appropriate IBA representation in opposition procedures.
- In-line with the BU product strategy, watch competitors’ patents and advice on appropriate action/reaction
- Identify and manage third parties threats and opportunities.
- Provide advice on collaboration and negotiate license agreements.
- Valorize IBA patent portfolio : look for opportunities, manage license agreement and manage revenues.
- Manage the relationship with the subcontractors and ensure efficient coordination with all the internal stakeholders.
- A Master degree in Engineering or a PhD in one of the following orientations: BioMed engineering, Medical Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Electro-mechanical, Physics, or Aerospace
- An experience in R&D or in an industrial environment
- A good knowledge of IBA products
- Experience in working transversally with several technical departments
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Analytical mindset & good writing skills »
- Knowledge of Patent Management systems (ideally)
And you are:
- A very good team player
- Totally fluent in English (spoken & written)
- Rigorous & methodical
- Assertive & Accountable
- Able to generate enthusiasm
- Process- driven
- Result focused, able to understand and satisfy customers’ needs in mission critical applications;
- Competent in creating high quality technical documentation;
- Able to work on projects in collaboration with a team and with various stakeholders;
公司Particle Therapy: the next frontier in cancer therapy.
IBA is the undisputed leader in particle therapy, acknowledged to be the most precise and effective clinical radiotherapy method in the selective destruction of cancer cells. To date, more than 25 world renowned medical institutions have built a Particle Therapy Center with IBA.
IBA : opening new ways in the fight against cancer.
IBA is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy. The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including IBA’s leading fully integrated IntegraLab® radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
Headquartered in Belgium and employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, IBA currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
聘用意向书IBA offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer. Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
IBA offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment. You have real possibilities to evolve within IBA's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer IBA is committed to a diverse workforce.